Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Hurstbourne Tarrant Parish

"From the Vicar" April 2017

What a welcome you gave both Margaret and myself at my licensing and we were totally overcome with joy. The first few
weeks have been a bit of a blur, but I can sense that God is working in these villages with the things I have seen and been to
and what people are saying to me. Going into both schools was a real blessing and seeing all the good work the staff and children are doing warms my heart. I am really looking forward to working with the staff, governors and children in the two schools.

This month we have the premier Christian festival of Easter when we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus who loved us so much that he laid down his life so that we can have eternal life. Lent is our time of preparation for this festival, which intensifies on Palm Sunday with the blessing of the Palms and the procession into church – Jesus processing
into Jerusalem. Then it goes through Holy Week as we follow the events that happened to Jesus culminating in his resurrection of Easter Sunday.

To follow Jesus this year we are having a special Maundy Thursday Holy Communion service at St Mary’s Vernham Dean with a watch through to 10 pm remembering what happened in the Garden of Gethsemane. Then at 11 am on Good Friday we will have a non-Eucharistic service followed by a three-hour vigil to 3 pm, when Jesus was on the cross. I hope and pray that as many
of you as can come to both the Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services do so and perhaps stay some time with me during the Watch and the Vigil. That way we will all walk with Jesus which should help to build up our relationship with him, so important in our spiritual life.

I love the Easter season. A time of great joy and rejoicing for the Church. When God has defeated death, what is there for us to be afraid of? I hope that this Easter your hearts will be filled with God’s generous spirit of love; that your heads will be full of wisdom and compassion; and that your hands will be used to serve others in all that you do.

This Easter and beyond we have a lot to look forward to. No matter what our situation is, we can always say, “Hallelujah, He is Risen”. May I wish you all a blessed and uplifting Easter.
Trevor

Hurstbourne Tarrant Parish Service to license Rev'd Trevor Lewis